broken down again urg - Sheet Cam Mac 3

Don't see your table manufacturer listed above? Post here in this forum.
Dustan
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

broken down again urg - Sheet Cam Mac 3

Post by Dustan »

So I will get right to it.

I came out to the shop today was doing up a drawing for a rad cover on a track hoe finished it and fired up sheetcam did my thing in there as normal fired up mach 3 homed the table x and a homed fine but the y switch for the gantry didnt it kept trying to go I stopped it and checked it out and its not working as well as the z switch on my torch appears to be not working as well I hooked the wires from the faulty switches to the X and A and they function normally so my prob isnt the limit switch's its self but something with mach3 or the control box on the table oh and its a FASTCUTCNC 4x8 table with waterbed any ideas out there would be great :?:
Krazy Kutz metal designs
vmax549
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Re: broken down again urgggggg!!!!!!!!!!

Post by vmax549 »

Have you tried a complete reboot of the computer and restart Mach3. Mach3 is known to wake up DUMB some times where the XML is corrupt in Mach. The reboot seems to correct it .

Seen it many times here as well.

Just a thought, (;-) TP
Dustan
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Dustan »

Ya tried that still nothing i have narrowed it down to the cord from the plasma table to my computer being faulty but seems weird as it hasnt moved since being hooked up. I have cleaned it and retried with no luck its weird.So im gonna try and get a new cord and see what happens . :(
Krazy Kutz metal designs
WSS
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by WSS »

Dustan (and anyone running mach), here is a link to CandCnc's forum, they run mach and always help even if you do not have there product.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CandCNCSupport/

You mentioned it has not moved since being installed, I have had that with a few cables. I felt like going nuts to track it down. What I had found on two occasions is that a hot spark (or two or three) had hit in a spot and short out between two shielded wires. Once I found a wire that was spliced (oe stuff) that split at the joint and lost complete power, no amount of wiggling would bring it back.

Frustrating I know :?

WSS
Dustan
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Dustan »

ah yes maybe so I will be picking up new cords tommorow so hopefully it cures the problem if not I will move on to the next possibility

Thanks for the idea!! 8-)
Krazy Kutz metal designs
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by weldguy »

Mach 3 is a pain in the ass, I can't stand it. Spent more time messing with it than I have cut parts with it.

I feel for you. :cry:

The only good thing I can say is that it costs less than $200 and it's versatile.
Dustan
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Dustan »

weldguy wrote:Mach 3 is a pain in the ass, I can't stand it. Spent more time messing with it than I have cut parts with it.

I feel for you. :cry:

The only good thing I can say is that it costs less than $200 and it's versatile.
you mean to tell me it could be a problem with the program itself? cause I replaced the cord and still nothing everything seems normal . :!:
Krazy Kutz metal designs
rickcnc
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by rickcnc »

Enter the Diagnostics screen in Mach3 (click on tab or press ALT 7) and review the Port 1 Pins current State lights.

Tripping your homing or limit switches should cause one of the pins to change state. If these are not changing its time to get out the volt meter.

if they are changing we need to review your setup configuration.
WSS
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by WSS »

I am tagging along here, in a month or so I will be on Mach3 for good. I am all ears!

WSS
Dustan
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Dustan »

Well it wasnt mach causing my trouble with the limit switches it had something to do with the box on the plasma where the wires go from the limit switches they have a history of stoping to work due to probably a cold solder I was told to hook all 3 wires up to the x limit switches and try it and walla its back in action if it dies out on the this one I will have to get a new updated piece for it which isnt much money. So for now im back in action just need to get ahold of more work 8-)
Krazy Kutz metal designs

Return to “Various Manufacturers Forum”