RT60 Hand Torch

Hypertherm Plasma Cutter discussion forum.
MQUICK
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

RT60 Hand Torch

Post by MQUICK »

I just got the RT60 torch for my Powermax 600. I also got the powermax 1000 kit (HYP850430) In the torch manual it has 40 amp Mechanized shielded consumables and 40 amp Unshielded consumables. What one is the one I should use? The Unshielded is most like what I had with my old torch but the Shielded looks like it will protect the tips better. Once I know I can get the tips for stock.

The 40 amp Mechanized shield (120930) is not in the kit. Half of the tips in the kit are useless to me because they are for 60 amp units. Is this the right kit for me?

The Powermax 600 is on a PlasmaCam table.

Thanks
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: RT60 Hand Torch

Post by jimcolt »

The shielded consumables are always the best choice for cut quality and consumable life. The only reason we produce the non shielded consumables are for applications where you need more clearance.....such as getting into tight corners or for robotic 3 dimensional trimming applications.

If you are doing mechanized cutting...you should have the parts kit for mechanized cutting. Sounds like you have the kit for hand cutting (is your RT60 torch a hand torch or a machine torch?)

Jim Colt Hypertherm

MQUICK wrote:I just got the RT60 torch for my Powermax 600. I also got the powermax 1000 kit (HYP850430) In the torch manual it has 40 amp Mechanized shielded consumables and 40 amp Unshielded consumables. What one is the one I should use? The Unshielded is most like what I had with my old torch but the Shielded looks like it will protect the tips better. Once I know I can get the tips for stock.

The 40 amp Mechanized shield (120930) is not in the kit. Half of the tips in the kit are useless to me because they are for 60 amp units. Is this the right kit for me?

The Powermax 600 is on a PlasmaCam table.

Thanks
MQUICK

Re: RT60 Hand Torch

Post by MQUICK »

Thanks for the fast response. I got the hand torch. I asked about the 2 torches with Hypertherm at Fabtech. Both used the same consumables and the hand torch gave me some options. My PlasmaCam holder also is not machine torch friendly. I did not use the trade in option Hypertherm was offering. For the cost difference and as a backup, it was better to keep the old torch.

Return to “Hypertherm Plasma Cutters”