A lot to learn about Dynatorch

Don't see your table manufacturer listed above? Post here in this forum.
cayager
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

A lot to learn about Dynatorch

Post by cayager »

i bought a dynatorch table about a year ago for hobby purposes. im just getting it set up now. ive been lurking in this site for a while now,and its a great site. im sure i will have a million dumb questions but heres my first.i here so much about dxf files. in the dynatorch software(or any for that matter).after i run a dxf file through the converter is it supossed to end up as a tap file? is a tap file actually used by their software to cut thanks chris
Wine Country
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Re: alot to learn

Post by Wine Country »

Chris,
I have had my Dynatorch table set up for a little over a year, and yes, when you run the converter program for cut path
setup, array, etc, it will save it as a "tap" file. Before actually running your machine, give Leon Drake a call. he will walk
you through setting up the machine and give you some basics. I tried running my machine by using just the manuals and wanted to give up the first time. I had nothing but torch crashes and problems. After talking to Leon, it became smooth sailing . I also subscribed to the software update which has improved things much. Believe me , I went throught the
school of hard knocks, but now I have the confidence to do all my machine was meant to do. Marty
boodog710
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Re: A lot to learn about Dynatorch

Post by boodog710 »

I have had my Dynatorch for 2 years now. It took a few calls to Leon in the beginning but now it works great. I added up the work on it last year and we cut close to 5000 parts. Not a single problem, well a few but it was my not paying attention that caused them. I use a Hypertherm 1250 with the table.

I rarely use the conversion and nesting software provided by Dynatorch. But yes, it will write the code necessary for cutting. It's called a tap file. Keep in mind that the conversion software cuts down the center of the line which can be a problem if cutting parts for others.

Where are you located?

Return to “Various Manufacturers Forum”