HELP. Wiring diagrams needed - MACH3

Don't see your table manufacturer listed above? Post here in this forum.
dopatrick1
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

HELP. Wiring diagrams needed - MACH3

Post by dopatrick1 »

Does anyone have a complete drawing on how to wire a 4 motor 3 axis set up for my own plasma cutter.
I have several new componants i bought in a kit online. I believe i am missing some part and would like help in building this. I have a general idea of how everything work, and have studied the manuels and online videos of how MACH3 works but i think im missing something. here is what i have.......

1 24v transformer
4 stepper motosr Nema 23 425oz in ( 2 for the x axis, 1 for y and 1 for z )
3 stepper motor drivers
1 pc breakout boatd and cable.

Q. The 2 stepper motors that are going to drive my x axis, do they have to have there own drivers or can i tie them into the same one? If so, how do i make them work opposite eachother, sence they will be at opposite ends facing different directions?
Q. the breakout board says it needs +/- 5 v; do i need another transformer for that? and if so, is it a 120v to +/-5v AC or DC?

please help
I think im missing somethings i need to buy and would like to know where and how to wire all motors, drivers and home switches and stop button.

thnaks
Bartis
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Re: HELP. Wiring diagrams needed

Post by Bartis »

Hi, Have a look at or join this forum http://www.mechmate.com/forums/index.php
They have a design for a CNC router which is very well documented and has a large number of builders around
the world. While it isn't a Plasma cutter, their electrical system is the same and this design is well thought out.

Bartis
New Zealand
rickcnc
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Re: HELP. Wiring diagrams needed

Post by rickcnc »

4 stepper motors need 4 drivers, one each,
For my Breakout board I used a cheap 5V DC transformer.

As stated above Mechmate forums are excellent, so is CNCZONE

Return to “Various Manufacturers Forum”